EpochField, the latest generation of mobile workflow management, is an innovative, map-centric solution for all utilities. With the newest release, EpochField 4.0.1, comes with several new features and enhancements. EpochField 4.0.1 extends the usability and system of engagement into utility operations.
The 4.0.1 release addresses serval important product themes:
- Key Technology updates.
- Improved usability.
- Enhanced security features.
- Intelligent workflow improvements for supporting Work Management.
- Many bug fixes and enhancements.
Key Technology Updates
- Epoch Field 4.0.1 now utilizes ArcGIS Runtime API v100.4
- EpochField 4.0.1 can now utilize composite locators for geocoding and reverse geocoding addresses and coordinates.
- Light/Dark Themes: Users of the EpochField mobile app can now switch the color scheme of the application between light and dark. This is useful for users working in daytime and nighttime conditions.
- Users will always get the latest Portal configurations from their organizations on application startup, so they are always up to date.
- Work order tasks forms will now auto-populate data/time fields.
- Added a toggle, when viewing work orders, to emphasize work explicitly assigned to the current user. This toggle will render a semi-transparent grey overlay on the work features not explicitly assigned to the current user and will change the list item background for work orders not explicitly assigned to the current user to grey.
- EpochField 4.0.1 conforms to the Transport Layer Security (TLS) 1.2 protocol, which is required for accessing services from ArcGIS Online.
- Added the ability to login to Enterprise portals that are secured with Integrated Windows Authentication (IWA).
- The app now supports the ability for multiple users to use the same device for their offline field work, keeping their offline databases in separate directories based on their User IDs.
Work Management: Intelligent Workflow Enhancements:
- Ability to hide categories and comments based on one or many selected values across one or many categories.
- Ability to hide values based on one or many selected values across one or many categories.
- Ability to set default values in one or many categories based on selected values across one or many categories.
- Ability to set one or many categories and comments as required based on selected values across one or many categories.
- Ability to set one of many categories or comments as required.
Many bug fixes have been addressed to bring solid stability and performance to the EpochField user experience at 4.0.1!
EpochField 4.0.1 is currently available for customers using EpochField 4.0