Epoch Solutions Group Pre-Sales Engineer
Epoch Solutions Group Pre-Sales Engineer (PSE) is responsible for interacting with clients to understand their needs and business priorities and matching those with capabilities within the Epoch product suite.
Pre-sales will design, build and prepare demonstrations that showcase product capabilities and features to customers as part of the sales cycle. Pre-sales need to have good communication skills. They are expected to present and position solutions to the client, highlight the benefits of using Epoch Solutions by sharing customer success stories, and convey technical information.
This Pre-Sales Solution Engineer is responsible for presenting a broad range of Epoch solutions to prospects and customers while handling all technical objections in the sales cycle. Working closely with the sales team, you will help develop a differentiated solution, demonstrate this to the customer, and address any questions and concerns they may have. During this process, you will create impactful relationships with your customers and strive to become their trusted advisor.
- Work across a range of Utilities (Electric and Gas) and Telecommunication companies to understand their challenges and goals.
- Build and present customized product demonstrations.
- Confidently present and articulate the business value of our solution to business managers and executives.
- Be an innovator who can create new solutions using out-of-the-box thinking.
- Respond to RFP/RFI documents.
- Work as a team player by contributing, learning, and sharing new knowledge.
- Manage multiple customer engagements concurrently.
- Present at marketing events.
- Training and enablement of the sales team.
- Be self-motivated, flexible, and proactive.
- Willingness and flexibility to travel as required.
- Five years of industry experience, including two or more years in a sales engineering or consulting position.
- Proven technology skills, outstanding interpersonal abilities, and strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Superior presentation and demonstration skills with a focus on storytelling.
- Ability to work as part of a team to solve business and technical problems.
- Attention to detail, plus analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Positive, customer service-oriented personality.
- Ability to gather customer requirements and synthesize them into an actionable configuration in a technology solution.
- Ability to work effectively under the pressure of short deadlines.
- Willingness to travel.
- Experience in a comparable pre-sales position, supporting the sales cycle.
- A broad understanding of Utility (Electric and Gas) and Telecommunications markets.
- Experience in multi-product solution selling.
- Knowledge and technical experience with Esri GIS.
- Knowledge and experience Scheduling & Dispatch Solutions.
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and experience in engineering, information systems, or business administration.
Epoch Solutions Group is a fast-growing software company maintaining a market leadership role in the Utility market. Epoch provides Solutions for utilities of the future. The growth, innovation is driven by our incredible employees who thrive on delivering success for our customers. We play to win. Join us!